JOBLESS!......too early to complain right?





it's is just four days into the new year and am very sure after reading this post y'al would be like,,haha it is too early to complain. In reality am not complaining, am just probably speaking the minds of about the 65% of the educated Nigerian youths who probably graduated from 10 years back to date.

while we were all carried away with the festivities (festive activities) a larger percent of graduates where all over the internet searching for job vacancies home and abroad, seeking to get employed as the year rolls in. Some have fasted, cried and hoped that this new year God and the Nigerian political and economical policies will favour them and usher them into a new status. well, if you have faith anything is possible.

Over the weekend I had opportunity of hanging out with old friends and couple of relatives too and am still trying to wrap my head around why all the complaints I got was on joblessness(how they have not being able to secure good jobs since after service) and as if that was not enough early this morning, I woke up to a message from my friend we camped together at Benue for NYSC "Anu I need a job". Gbam!

Ok, before I go further, am not an employer of labour yet....lol! neither am I the daughter of Dangote. Am almost in this job seekers category but with an edge. I didn't come here to spite anyone in this national mess but as a concerned citizen I have decided to write about this just to know how our able Nigerian youths are coping with this plague staring at us with wide eye and gradually taking our future away from our own hands.

I met a lady with 3 kids and she's a graduate (her grades are not my concern ooo) but I cried when she told me her take home salary was 8k from her tutoring job, met another who told me she works 365 days a year and resumes 7 am to 6pm married with 2 children. I met a guy with first class in mathematics living a miserable life, he wanted to lecture but has been frustrated that he has to result into selling of post UME hand outs.

what exactly is the problem?

please share your thoughts.........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MADAM BUS CONDUCTOR/PERSONAL ASSISTANCE

Womb Escape......Hell No!

What are you growing?